ASCA. The Home for School Counselors Since 1952.
Regardless of whether you work in an elementary setting, on a college campus or somewhere in between, the American School Counselor Association is here for you. ASCA works to ensure it meets the needs of all school counselors, regardless of setting, experience level or needs.
With a membership of more than 40,000 school counseling professionals, ASCA focuses on providing professional development, enhancing school counseling programs and researching effective school counseling practices.
The American School Counselor Association (ASCA) is the foundation that expands the image and influence of school counselors through advocacy, leadership, collaboration and systemic change. ASCA empowers school counselors with the knowledge, skills, linkages and resources to promote student success in the school, the home, the community and the world.
The mission of ASCA is to represent school counselors and to promote professionalism and ethical practices.
ASCA Goals and Objectives
- Professional development opportunities in areas of critical need are made available to all school counselors.
- Timely, relevant information exists to enhance school counselors' level of skill and professionalism.
- Legislative policy exists that supports school counselors and child advocacy.
- ASCA initiates and supports relevant research and evaluation in school counseling.
- Professional and ethical standards articulate the code of conduct and professional behavior for school counselors.
- Strategic partnerships with stakeholders exist to benefit school counselors and their students.
- Leaders at local, state and national levels champion and lead change initiatives.
- ASCA maintains an organizational structure and administrative functions that facilitate the accomplishment of the goals and objectives.