ASCA National Model Consulting
Regardless of whether you are in the early stages of implementing the ASCA National Model, are a RAMP school or somewhere in between, an ASCA consultant can help you assess your school counseling program for strengths and areas of improvement. Work with an ASCA consultant to create a roadmap for sustaining a data-informed school counseling program that improves student outcomes.
Your ASCA consultant will listen to your interests, focus on your school’s unique needs and help you move your school counseling program from where it is now to where you want it to be. You can meet with your consultant virtually up to seven hours a month, or bring your ASCA consultant to your school for a day-long consultation as many times as you would like.
You define the outcomes of your experience with your ASCA consultant. Outcomes could include any of the following or more:
- Identify and analyze current school counseling activities, data and results
- Improve the Define, Manage, Deliver, Assess systems for your school counseling program
- Refocus current school counseling activities and results using the ASCA National Model
- Team and collaborate to improve the school counseling program structure
- Increase your leadership role in the school through your school counseling program
- Use the strength of your school counseling program to further address issues of equity or access
- Articulate results of the school counseling program to school administrators and other stakeholders
- Discover next steps in applying for RAMP
- Identify ways to sustain your data-informed school counseling program after earning RAMP designation
Districtwide or Schoolwide Equity Consulting
Work with an ASCA equity consultant to identify strengths and areas of improvement in providing equitable treatment of all students within your school district. Your ASCA equity consultant will focus on your school district’s unique needs and work with you to create and sustain a school counseling program that promotes equitable treatment of all students.
Your ASCA equity consultant will help you:
- Use data to identify gaps in achievement, opportunity and attainment
- Maintain professional knowledge of the ever-changing and complex world of students’ culture
- Maintain knowledge and skills for working in a diverse and multicultural work setting
- Promote the development of school policies leading to equitable treatment of all students and advocate against school policies hindering equitable treatment of any student
- Promote access to rigorous standards-based curriculum, academic courses and learning paths for college and career for all students
- Develop plans to address over- or underrepresentation of specific groups in programs such as special education, honors, Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate
- Create an environment that encourages any student or group to feel comfortable coming forward with problems
- Collaborate with families in seeking assistance services for financial literacy, job skills and placement and free services (such as childcare assistance) as well as providing parents educational opportunities to assist them in supporting their children’s education
- Act as a liaison between home and school, promoting an understanding and encouraging creative solutions for students handling multiple responsibilities beyond a typical load
Cost: $3,000 (one full day, in-person; for extensive travel arrangements, additional expenses may be incurred); $2,500 per month (for up to 7 hours a month, virtual)
To find your consultant today, e-mail Jen Walsh.