ASCA National Model
School counselors design and deliver school counseling programs that improve student outcomes. “The ASCA National Model: A Framework for School Counseling Programs” outlines the components of a school counseling program that is integral to the school’s academic mission and is created to have a significant positive impact on student achievement, attendance and discipline.
The ASCA National Model guides school counselors in the development of school counseling programs that:
- are based on data-informed decision making
- are delivered to all students systematically
- include a developmentally appropriate curriculum focused on the mindsets and behaviors all students need for postsecondary readiness and success
- close achievement and opportunity gaps (see how equity is woven into the ASCA National Model)
- result in improved student achievement, attendance and discipline