Board of Directors
Learn more about the board members and why they serve on the board. Watch here.
Have any questions? Email us.
2023–2024 Board Members
Assistant ChairEva Gibson, Ed.D.
DirectorPriscilla A. Grijalva
DirectorEbonee Magee-Dorsey, DPC
Board of Directors Beliefs
The ASCA Board of Directors believes leadership, advocacy and collaboration creates systemic change that leads to equitable opportunities, outcomes and inclusive environments that benefit all students.
To do this, the board believes school counselors should:
- Advocate for ALL students through an equity lens.
- Commit to being accessible and visible.
- Be collaborative leaders.
- Use data to identify equity gaps and create systemic change.
- Connect to a community of support through their school administration and local, state and national organizations.
- Implement the ASCA National Model and utilize the ASCA School Counselor Professional Standards & Competencies and ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
- Develop relationships and commit to being culturally affirming school counselors, building an equitable community of inclusion and belonging.
- Be evaluated appropriately, based on school counselor evaluation tools.
- Receive necessary resources to implement comprehensive school counseling programs.
- Have access to relevant professional development to help them grow as individual
school counselors and advocate for the profession.
- Educate about the appropriate role of the school counselor.
- Demonstrate the appropriate role of the school counselor.
- Advocate for their roles and the profession.
Revised October 2023