School Counseling Association Leadership Specialist
Location: Online, Self-paced
Are you considering a leadership position in your state association or the ASCA Board of Directors? The need for effective leaders in school counseling at the state and national level is critical to:
- Uphold a common, consistent professional identity
- Ensure administrators, superintendents, school board members and policymakers understand and support the school counseling profession
- Educate state legislators and regulators on the importance of school counselors and a comprehensive school counseling program
- Advocate for school counselor licensure requirements and school counselor performance appraisals to align with the ASCA National Model
- Guarantee that state school counselor associations are led effectively
Complete the School Counseling Association Leadership Specialist to help guide the future of the school counseling profession through your leadership role at the state and national level. View the Specialist syllabus.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Discuss the nature of leadership and leadership attributes
- Recognize various leadership theories and principles
- Identify your “why”
- Discuss what remarkable associations do that others don’t
- Explain the intricacies of association management, such as policy governance, budgeting, meeting minutes and board committee structure
- Explain how leaders create systemic change in organizations
- Develop a greater self-awareness and identify personal attributes that may become obstacles to effective leadership, such as bias, motivations and limitations
- Identify sources of power and authority
- Develop your own personal leadership attributes
- List ways to collaborate with peers and authority figures, as well as how to foster collaboration throughout an organization
The School Counseling Association Specialist training is free to all and allows you to earn 5 CEUs/50 Contact Hours, all from the comfort of your own home or office. Sign up now.
Access to all webinars, journal article, magazine articles and quizzes is included with registration. Books must be purchased separately. Upon completion, you will receive a certificate, suitable for framing.