Board Member Code of Conduct
The board commits itself and its members to ethical, businesslike and lawful conduct, including proper use of authority and appropriate decorum when acting as board members.
- GP.4-A Board members must have loyalty to the membership, unconflicted by any personal interest or loyalties to other organizations or individuals, including staff or other board members.
- GP.4-B Board members must avoid conflict of interest with respect to their fiduciary responsibility.
- GP.4-B1 There will be no self-dealing or business by a member with the organization. Members will annually disclose their involvements with other organizations, with vendors, or any associations that might be or might reasonably be seen as being a conflict.
- GP.4-B2 When the board is to decide upon an issue about which a board member has an unavoidable conflict of interest, that member shall absent herself or himself without comment from not only the vote but also from the deliberation.
- GP.4-B3 Board members will not use their board position to obtain employment in the organization for themselves, family members or close associates. Should a board member apply for employment, he or she must first resign from the board.