School Counseling Assessment How-to's
Are you starting a school counseling program based on the ASCA National Model from scratch and not really sure where to start? Or perhaps you’ve already started but not sure where to head next. Where is your school or district in implementing the ASCA National Model? Have an ASCA trainer come to you to help answer these questions and begin working toward implementing the ASCA National Model.
Upon completion of this hands-on workshop, participants should be able to:
- Compare and contrast a service-centered paradigm to a program-centered paradigm
- Assess stakeholders' perceptions
- Articulate how data-informed school counseling programs aligned with school improvement plans serve students better by addressing specific goals
- Identify and analyze current school counseling activities, data and results
- Discuss how current school counseling activities and results can be reframed using the ASCA National Model
- Create a data-informed intervention related to school improvement goals, implement intervention strategies, evaluate intervention and share results
- Identify methods for teaming and collaborating to create or improve the school counseling program structure
- Take a leadership role to focus on individual student needs and systemic change addressing what all students need to know and be able to do to ensure success
- Develop a three-to five-year action plan for ASCA National Model implementation
- Summarize the basics of the ASCA National Model
- Explain how to develop or improve the Define, Manage, Deliver, Assess systems for the school counseling program
Schedule: Full-day training; 0.6 CEUs available to attendees
To bring this professional development workshop to your district, email Jennifer Walsh.
The workshop may be adjusted to some extent based on participants’ needs and progress.*In circumstances requiring extensive travel arrangements, additional fees may apply.