School Counseling for District Leaders
How can you, as a school counseling district leader, support your school counselors, allowing them to best contribute to your district's success and help meet school improvement and district goals? Take a look at what you’re currently doing, and brainstorm ways to continue, streamline and improve activities in your district to promote the best outcome for students through school counseling.
After attending this workshop, district leaders will be able to:
- Identify the purpose of a school counseling program based on the ASCA National Model and the benefits it brings to reaching district goals
- Summarize key components of "The ASCA National Model: A Framework for School Counseling Programs"
- Discuss the appropriate role of the specialized instructional support personnel in your district and in a comprehensive school counseling program
- Identify ways you can support school counselors and other specialized instructional support personnel to help them, and your district, reach the best outcomes
- Identify and analyze current district-level processes and procedures to access effectiveness and alignment to the ASCA National Model
- Discuss how the district’s current school counseling activities and results can be reframed using the ASCA National Model
- Develop a three-to five-year action plan for ASCA National Model implementation within your district
Schedule: Full-day training; 0.6 CEUs available to attendees
To bring this professional development workshop to your district, email Jennifer Walsh.
*In circumstances requiring extensive travel arrangements, additional fees may apply.