School Counseling Classroom & Group Lesson Development
A school counseling program requires school counselors to develop classroom and small group lessons, but the intricacies of curriculum development often aren’t covered in graduate school. Learn the basics of school counseling curriculum design and construction so you can deliver the most effective lesson plans to meet your students' unique needs.
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to
- Articulate the importance of culturally responsive curriculum design
- Use data to identify curriculum needs
- Develop annual student outcome goals using the ASCA Mindsets & Behaviors
- Identify the components of well-written objectives
- Align school counseling lessons with classroom content
- Describe the principles of active learning
- Identify the components of a well-written lesson plan
- Distinguish between using assessment versus using evaluation
- Recognize critical aspects of well-designed rubrics
Schedule: Full day training; 0.6 CEUs available to attendees
Cost: $3,000* for full day
To bring this professional development workshop to your district, e-mail Jennifer Walsh.
*In circumstances requiring extensive travel arrangements, additional fees may apply.